Us bloggers, who get to publish whatever the heck we want to, never really know who’s reading our stuff and what readers think of it. Sure, my site stats tell me how many people clicked around. Yeah, it’s great that people who know me in real life tell me they got a rise out of something I published. But, in truth, it doesn’t really tell a blogger all that much about what their larger audience thinks about content on their blog.
So when one of your followers, who’s a fellow blogger, gives you the Versatile Blogger Award, that’s saying something. That’s the kinda stuff that makes you want to keep writing. That’s the stuff that makes your heart smile.
When Maggie over at FortyAndFeelingIt nominated me (which equates to awarding), I was honored. Seriously, I was. By awarding me this prestigious accolade, she’s basically announcing to the world that she reads my junk and she loves it. I love that she loves my junk. She’s also announcing that she thinks other people should read my junk because she thinks they’ll love it too. Thanks Maggie, I agree.
In order to accept this award (I accept, I accept!) there’s a few rules I’ve got to follow. I totally prepared an acceptance speech which is now totally moot, but I can be a rule-follower for a day, so here it goes:
- You must give credit to the person who nominated you and create a link in your post.
THANK YOU, MAGGIE! You’re swell.
- You must create a list of 15 blogs that you enjoy most and link to those as well. Then you must go and tell them you have nominated them. That means if you do not have 15, you cannot do this step. If you do not complete this step, then you cannot claim this award.
Whoa, the pressure is ON. Alright, in no particular order….
- DroppedIn – This guy is a philosopher, a card shark, and a kayaker. He’s also a really amazing human being.
- The What’s Goin’ Down Episode – This fine lady takes great photos, makes good eats, and is the craftiest crafter to ever craft. A few minutes reading her blog, and you will wish you were a part of her beautiful family.
- Mom Hearts Pinot – She’ll make you laugh, she’ll make you cry and she’ll make you wanna make stuff from random crap you found around your house. She’s also got this kid she calls Red.
- Simply Gray – A mother, a photographer and an American turned Aussie. She’s got the best, cutest and most lovable kids in the whole world. Who cares if I’m biased? It’s the truth!
- Shmitten Kitten – A dating blog for people who would probably never read a dating blog. This gal gets around, but it’s for a worthwhile cause.
- Life Is Good – An American living in Saudi Arabia. Did I mention she’s a therapist too? Nice.
- The Philly Foodist – Eat well, buy local, love thy neighbor. Warning: do not visit this blog on an empty stomach.
- Getting Well For The First Time – One man’s journey. One man’s blog.
- Pain On The Rise – An interesting examination on trauma and more sciency- stuffs. Look closely and you might see some totally amazing guest posts!
- International Society for Ethical Psychology and Psychiatry – Some really great articles on newsworthy mental health topics. Really smart people read (and write for) this blog.
- Snarkysnatch – Yo, this girl gets raunch, but she’ll make you laugh. And fear online dating. For reals.
- Jessica Spotswood – A Young Adult fiction writer. Even though she just published her first book, she’s been writing for years and is totally excellent at it, I must say.
- Pimp Ur Blog – Do I even need to explain this one?
- The Oatmeal – Matt (aka The Oatmeal) needs no free promotion from a nobody blogger like me, but I’m a regular reader and a fan so I thought I ought to give him some love.
- Damn You Auto Correct – Whenever I need a good laugh, this is the first place I go. Once I laughed so hard I spit out my drink all over my desk, so, you know, click with caution.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Alright Maggie, as you probably know, I’m typically a fan of Top 5’s, but here’s my Top 7 just for you:
- I eat cottage cheese on a daily basis. I find that small curd is superior to large curd.
- I own 14 camisoles, 15 pairs of flip-flops and 18 fashion scarves. This is not an exaggeration for humorous effect; I just counted.
- I can be forgetful so I write a lot of To Do lists. If I get lazy with the To Do’s I tend to write myself mean reminder notes. Here’s an example:
- I take pictures of chicken bones on I encounter on the street and then put them in an album called “Meat on the Street”. The number of followers this album has amassed is surprisingly large. Who knew discarded meat could be so popular?
- I keep a Bucket List which hangs on my wall. Here is a photo:
- I have synesthesia. Don’t worry, it’s not contagious.
- When I’m in a good mood I like to dance around my kitchen in my underwear. You should try it sometime, I highly recommend it.
Thanks again for the award, Maggie! You’re super cool.
So now, readers, it’s your turn: Show your support when you Rate, Comment, Subscribe and Share!
As always, feel free to shoot me a line at CrazyKindaLife@gmail.com to tell me how totally awesome I am and how this award is basically just stating the obvious.